Mom's Biz

Guest written by our friend Gladys Fuentes
Mom decided she wanted to start her very own business at the age of 50 and while I wanted to be encouraging, I was doubtful. I mean, how many more chocolate shops did the world need? But she knew best like she always does and she totally found a niche in our little town and things have been really great for her ever since she opened the doors! She’s turned to me for some help since I’m a CPA and I’m way more practical than she is.I told her about www.bank-card-processing.com and helped her figure out the regulations for hiring people part time but when it comes to the cooking side of things, that’s all her. She’s an amazing lady and I can’t imagine learning more from anyone than her so it’s just cool to be able to watch her get things together like she does. I love my mom to death and though she’s a really savvy chocolate maker I think at the end of the day I’m the better businesswoman!

No comments: