Identifying The Buffalo Bills

This article was written by Mauricio Benson

Is it a bad sign when you don't even know most of the players on your favorite team? Being a Bills fan reminds me of a line in the movie, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, when one of them says to the other, “Who are those guys?” I know Trent Edwards because he is known as Mr. Check Down. I know Lee Evans because he's the only real receiving threat we have. I know Fred Jackson because he's the most talented and least used RB we have. And I know C.J. Spiller because he has been hyped up all over the media and has produced absolutely nothing. Don't even try to ask me about players on the defensive side of the ball.

I know I might have a negative tone, but I'm going to continue watching the Bills games on my satellite tv for one reason. When they finally become good again, I can say that I stuck with them the whole time - and I won't be lying. At that time, I will even start going to the games again, which is great in cold weather. No team in the NFL wants to play a game in Buffalo in December. It's probably the toughest place to play in the NFL in the winter months. This is what makes watching the games on nfl Sunday ticket so exciting. But I think I'll still have to wait a few more years. No sense in sitting in the freezing cold just to watch your team lose.

No comments: